The second most important art gallery in Spain after the Prado Museum in Madrid, has been housed, since 1839, in the building that was the Casa Grande Convent of the Order of Our Lady of Mercy of Seville. The museum has been refurbished and houses fourteen rooms.
The Provincial Archaeological Museum (Museo Arqueológico Provincial) it is located in the Fine Arts Pavilion of the Ibero-American Exhibition of 1929, built by architect Aníbal González. It contains important archaeological finds from Prehistory. One of the most outstanding exhibits is the Carambolo Treasure.
In the Monastery Santa María de las Cuevas, located in Isla de la Cartuja, has over five hundred exhibits providing an insight into art trends in Spain from the beginning of the 20th century: Miró, Chillida and Saura. This is the venue for the Seville International Contemporary Art Biennial (BIACS).
The Industries and Arts Decorative Pavilion of the Ibero-American Exhibition of 1929 "Mudejar Pavilion" It contains ethnographic collections, with many luxury art exhibits. The museum displays posters announcing spring festivals, gold and silver work, ceramics, embroidery, furniture, musical instruments, traditional craftwork, etc.
It is placed in the old Los Remedios Convent, built in 1573. In 1929 it became the headquarters of the Rafael González Abreu Foundation and of the Instituto Hispano-Cubano de Cultura (Hispano-Cuban Institute for Culture). The museum belongs to the Real Club de Enganches de Andalucía (Royal Andalusian Carriage Club). It exhibits 25 carriages used at work, in the fields and in the city. Only the church remains from the convent, which was the origin of figures such as Saint Teresa of Jesus and Saint John of the Cross.
Situated in the heart of Seville in an 18th-century urban palace that blends the original architecture with a modern approach to space. A visit to this museum provides the key to the magical world of flamenco dance and is a must for every visitor to Seville, for those who want to know more about Andalusian culture, for those who want to understand and experience flamenco dance, and for tourists and Andalusians. The museum is sponsored by the flamenco dancer Cristina Hoyos.
Built in the 16th century, Renaissance-Mudejar stile, this museum has cultural heritage status. The Casa de la Condesa de Lebrija brings together architectural beauty and collectionism of Roman mosaics, glass tiles of different periods, Arab well curbs and a great variety of pre-columbine, Arab and Roman pieces. You will also see rich collections of paintings, tapestries, china, etc. Guided group visits of the first floor.
Building located in the Plaza de España, it hosts the funds of the former Artillery Factory and the Military Explosive Factory including important collections of maps, flags, weapons and wooden crafts from Cuba, the Philippines and Puerto Rico.
Was part of a ammunition factory built in 1890. The production of the ammunition began on the top part of the tower, where the lead was melted and dropped through the central shaft of the tower. The Council City built park where the factory used to be and on March 2007 the Camera Obscura was built on the Tower of Perdigones. The Camera Obscura projects an image of what is happening in real time around the Tower of Perdigones. It consists in white horizontal screen, a mirror and a few magnifying glasses.
The recently created Loggia Museum is situated in the City Hall (Plaza de San Francisco façade) and contains a permanent exhibition entitled "3.000 Años de Historia en Sevilla" ("3,000 Years of History in Seville"), featuring pieces from the Carambolo treasure, coins, maps, photographs and other items.
Built in 1252 by order of king Alfonso X the Wise, together with the Silver Tower and the Golden Tower. Taking you back to the middle Ages, when. Seville was about to become the most important port in the world. The history of the expansion and transformation of the Atarazanas (Dockyards) highlights the power of its Mudejar architecture, wherein lies the universality and modernity of this colossal and ancient space, capable of adapting to centuries of different and unique architectures. This former royal shipyard is due to house an arts programme currently being developed by the Andalusian Ministry of Culture. It is one of the venues used for the BIACS contemporary art biennial.